Wednesday 19 November 2014

Musical Love Affair: Alvvays - Archie, Marry Me


I've decided that whenever there’s a song that I can't stop listening I am going to write about it, an original idea I know. The feature will be called 'Musical Love Affair'. The reason for this is because these musical flings tend to be over in a week or two. Here is the first one:

I first laid my hands on 'Archie, Marry Me' on a CD that came with the NME quite a while ago now but I have only just got round to listening to it properly. I did know about Alvvays but wasn't overly familiar with their music before I'd given the CD a listen. However I've come to adore this song.

The track comes from the Toronto band's self titled debut album and is jam packed with indie pop goodness. The song comes with the standard jangling indie guitars, which combine exquisitely with Molly Rankin's agile vocals to make the song float along irresistibly. 

I like this song so much I might even have to buy the rest of their album!






No comments:

Post a Comment